Monday, July 14, 2008

TJ is now......................28 years old!!

I know TJ will love this picture to now show how mature he is to be in his late 20s. Actually, it's the most recent picture I could find from June since my computer crashed, but that's not the point.

Yesterday was TJ's birthday and this is the first year since we got engaged that I haven't got to be with him on his birthday. Actually, he asked me to marry him the day before his birthday in 2002 so what could I do? Say no? I've been at my family reunion, and although having fun, wishing he could be here too because I miss him tons!!!

I've been going through some of our pictures and realized all the great times we have together. I know I never appreciate TJ enough, but I love him sooooo much for just being the wonderful man he is. I just want to share some special tidbits about TJ for this special occasion:

1. TJ is first of all just a friendly, kind-hearted, loving, thoughtful, funny, and fun-loving guy. He is wonderful in so many ways. Just look at the pictures of some of his antics on the slideshow and you can tell all the great qualities about my husband.

2. TJ never forgets where he came from - his great parents, Jimmy & Chris. He always reminds me of their strong friendship and love as a couple that was such a great example to him. I'm forever grateful for their huge influence in helping TJ become the man he is today. They did all the things that parents do (A LOT!), and I see the lasting impact of their love and dedication to their only son.

3. He's my eternal companion - my love - my husband! I couldn't be more grateful for his not only willingness, but happiness to be with me (that takes a huge leap of faith, believe me). He never forgets to tell me he loves me and show it in a thousand different ways. He takes time to dance with me in the yard to a song on the radio, he helps me with all the little activities or family functions I've planned, he makes me laugh (even when I don't want to), he lets me cry, and he's just the man in my life. His faith and testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ lifts me to do better - be more. I love him more all the time.

4. TJ is also an AWESOME DAD!!! I know James can't say that yet, but when I ask James what song he wants to sing, his reply is, "Dad." So I sing to him "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home," and "My Daddy Is My Favorite Pal." He's always content and usually asks for "more" when I'm done singing. We've been talking to TJ through webcam since we've been gone for more than a week, and James gives his dad kisses without prompting and listens as he reads him a story on the screen. He's always smiles to see his Dad - just like Mom.

TJ, I love you. I thank Heavenly Father everyday for you and I pray always that he strengthens you in all your responsibilities to us and to others. I know you're tired a lot and don't have time to do all the fun things you'd like to do, but know how much we love and are soooooooooooo grateful for you, babe! Can't wait to see you Thursday!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday TJ! You are my oldest friend. Not that you are old, just that I have known your for the longest....but now that you are 28, you are old.

Janie and Lyle said...

TJ!!! I forgot your bday was the same day as my baptism date! Pretty exciting, huh? ;) Sorry we couldn't be there to share your big day with ya! Hope your bday was a wonderful one and we agree with Tiff that you are a pretty amazing guy. Hope to see ya soon!