Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Grandpa's Request



My Grandpa Grubbs requested pictures be taken of their garden/yard for our family to see. I can't figure out any other way to accomplish this other than posting to my blog, but it was also time for an update anyway.


No, I have not had Baby Jade yet, but I saw the dr. yesterday and my body is progressing for active labor soon. So hopefully in the next week she will arrive and I'll do my best to post (or TJ will) as soon as possible. My friend, Rachel, and I have the exact same due date, but she's getting induced on June 30th if she doesn't go into labor before then and we were trying to go for delivery the same day. We're both having girls and we went through middle school and high school together. So, it would just be kinda cool to have them born on the same day. A few days apart isn't that big a deal, but we will just have to wait and see.

I'm working on trying to finish all the last minute things I want to accomplish in organizing and cleaning at my house. My nesting habits have been going for the last month, so I don't think it's any sure sign other than I want to be as ready as possible. My bags are packed for the hospital, but there's not a lot of food in my fridge so I plan to get that taken care of tomorrow (along with getting a pedicure for some relaxation time).


James is still keeping me going EVERYWHERE. He delights as well as tests my patience everyday, but isn't that what 2-year-olds do? He's doing great and interested in everything. He could play with his train tracks all day if I'd let him. Clifford and Peep & the Big Wide World are his favorite shows to watch and he can talk - boy can that boy talk! He surprises us all the time with his memory so we always have to be extra careful about what we say. This picture is James in his lion towel. I'm so glad I got this because I don't think I could have ever gotten him out of the bathtub without a huge fit otherwise. Whether TJ or I give him a bath he wants to go to the other and say, "I want to be a lion for Mommy/Daddy." He will hide for a few minutes in the towel while we play with him like we can't find him and there's a lion in the house. He just loves it.

No comments: