Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Settling In
Wow it's been a while since we've posted on here. Well, where to begin? The last few weeks/ months have been quite stressful, and joyful, as I've found most things in life are. Those two things in my life seem to co-exist quite a bit. After 5 years of living in our small starter home the time had come to move so a place that would offer a little more space for our ever growing family. That move happened last week. If someone would have asked me how long it takes to completely re-model a 1000 sq foot home while living in it (including having two children and three dogs) I would have told you that I had no idea. Today I can tell you it takes exactly 5 years. To the day. When we signed the dotted line to sell our house I had just finished putting the finishing touches on the paint less than an hour before. It was a bitter sweet feeling, leaving the place that we brought our two children home to. The place where we first became dog owners (as a married couple) and then dog owners again..... and again...3 dogs is enough. It was the place where our son James took his first steps (and consequently his first falls). It had been the location of many family diners, family prayers, and family home evenings. Its walls have also heard their share of swear words from fingers hit with hammers, and home projects gone wrong. It was more than just a house. It was our home. We are settling in to our new place. The difference from moving from a 2 bedroom to a 4 is a little overwhelming, 1100 sq ft to 2400 is a change. But were making the adjustment. James is enjoying his new room and running throughout the house as the dog chases him. Tiff and I are enjoying not having to remodel anything, because it's already done. (I trust it's only a matter of time before I find something to occupy my time =) ) We are all looking forward to making many new memories and making our new house our new home. WE are indeed grateful for all we have been blessed with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment