I'm getting re-started on this family blog for the umpteenth time, but I refuse to give up completely. Also, I'm so happy with my new camera TJ and the kids got me for Christmas. It takes better pictures, formats easier to the computer, and just all around great! Also, the battery compartment isn't broken like my other one with batteries falling out every other shot. Improved functioning is always a plus. So, I've got more great pictures to share!
Tonight we had our first Family Home Evening of the year. TJ was able to be home instead of out-of-town for work, so we all really loved that. Dinner was rough trying to get everyone to eat without fussing about something, but happily we were able to get everyone together to enjoy our family night.
We started with one of Austin's favorite songs, "I am a Child of God."
James shared a scripture he chose from the Book of Mormon, Words of Mormon 1:1-2.
TJ gave a good lesson on love with the two greatest commandments. He knows a lot about that :) It was probably more directed at the kids, but "loving means listening" was something we all needed to hear and act on more.
Then we enjoyed the sweet cocoa snowmen treats the kids got from Tia Kimberlina, Tio Marco and Elli. Loved them!
Then we got to sit by our warm fire in this very frigid Texas January, enjoying our hot chocolate and marking all the journeys the kids have been on in their short lives. We gave each of the kids a U.S. map for Christmas to mark all the places they have gone and will continue to go in their lives. I'm sure one day they will need a world map, but it's a good start to remember their early years a little better. We looked through pictures to remember the places and times - memories to cherish forever.
As always, we are looking forward to next week Family Home Evening again.....
1 comment:
awesome pictures!!!
Post a Comment