I hate when TJ has to be gone one or two nights, but FIVE nights? Not happy. I will miss him. He says he will miss us. Thank goodness for Skype :)
I try to keep myself busy and accomplish things, but I'm so much better when he's closer by and around more. We'll see how this week of me with 3 kids alone plays outs. I've already got nights planned to slumber party at the Great Granny's houses. They are a huge help and we always have fun! Girls camp starts Tuesday and I'll be headed there with Tia Kimberlina for the day (Austin's coming too). Yet, I know it will all be a little hectic getting back to life-as-usual at the Angus household since we've been gone for a week. I've loving my husband,kids, and life. I just wish all the "other stuff" would stay away for a while (i.e. laundry, dishes, cleaning, bills, organizing, etc.). I know all these daily care things have a great purpose in teaching us about life, but right now I'm not on that page. I can't even think about one thing when I think about them all together so I will just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.
James asked me this morning if I could teach him how to wash the dishes by hand. A little shocked I asked where that "activity" idea emerged and he said he just wanted to learn. Then he says, "Oh yea, Mom. You've got to teach me how to do laundry too." What?! So I say, "Are you planning on moving out on your own soon?" He says he's not, but I better keep a look out. I'll be thrilled to teach him these important life skills, but I expect his enthusiasm to wane a little through the years.
I love when I pick up Austin from sleeping and he has his little fists squeezed underneath his chin, head turned, and lips puckered out. It's my favorite baby-look and I know it won't last forever. I'll just keep cuddling him as much as possible - even when all the "other stuff" is calling my name.
1 comment:
Tell James he can come to my house and do some dishes and laundry. Does he do windows? How much does he charge per hour? :)
Post a Comment