James got his boots from Gran Gran & Paw Christmas Eve - just like Dad's!
That night we decorated cookies for Santa. Granny was gracious enough to let us use the cookies she's already made (because I didn't plan the timing out too well). So, we just got to enjoy doing the most fun part - decorating. Jade learned how to say "snow" when we were decorating with coconut. Only she says it "noooooooooo" with her mouth in a long vertical 'O' shape. Soooooooo cute! As you can see, decorating for Santa was a lot of licking!
We let the kids have a mini-tree in their room this year. Only unbreakable ones (of course) and it kept them away from the more fragile ones on the real tree too. All their excitement of Christmas Eve was caught up in these pics.
Last year we had all grandparents record in The Night Before Christmas book from Hallmark. Each page is someone different reading and they loved it!
My favorite part of Christmas Eve was reading the book, My First Christmas Story my Aunt Debby sent us one Christmas. We read the scriptures for a Family Home Evening, but this picture children's book of the first Christmas was also great to help the kids follow along. James always remembered what the angels told the shepherds, "Fear not." I know he doesn't know the meaning of it completely, but it's a stepping stone to the greater meanings of that message from angels announcing the Savior's birth. I hope he always remembers that, especially in the hard times in his life. I am so thankful for knowing this true meaning of Christmas. No matter the time of year, or where I am, the feeling of knowing that Christ, the Savior was born is the most important thing I'll ever know.
Definitely not as spiritual, but oh so exciting is waking up Christmas morning and enjoying the surprises of the children:
This couch is so adorable and Jade loves climbing all over it! Thank you, Papa Paul, Noi & Granny Great! It's just perfect for her and opens to a little bed too.
Not a Christmas morning present, but boxing gloves from Granny Chris & Papa Boone that James loves. TJ was given boxing gloves from his grandpa about the same age.
Even Moab enjoyed his stocking stuffer.
We had a wonderful Christmas dinner with my dad and his fiance'e, Noi, Granny Hane, Granny Joy and Grandpa Grubbs, Great Grandpa Carl, Uncle Guy, my mom and Eddie. I wish I'd gotten more pictures of everyone here, but we had a wonderful time with great food from everyone too. Christmas was a truly blessed day.
2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I love the matching boots and the pink couch.
Good on you for posting cute pictures of your kids! I haven't updated my blog in about two years. If you can keep up the once-a-week thing, I'll be mighty impressed!
Post a Comment