Monday, February 28, 2011

We're trash collectors!

That's what James said as we walked all around Teague Park helping pick up on the citywide cleanup day. We all got to help a little bit and the most interesting things we found were 2 pairs of pants (unwearable because wet and almost shredded to pieces). There were a lot of school club groups, girl and boy scout troops and others out there to help and the Firefighters even did a dive for trash in the pond. We didn't get to stay for that, but maybe next year.






These are the notorious "mean" geese of the pond. These group of 4 (only 3 pictured) will chase anyone down. I prefer Canadian.







We went and checked out the mural on the amplitheater at the end of our clean-up. It is absolutely beautiful. I remember many practices and performances for school and my clogging group on this stage and I'm glad they've improved it. Maybe I'll get to see my own kids perform on it someday.


No comments: