FIRST DAY OF PRESCHOOL - September 9, 2009
He was ready to leave Mom to go to school without any hesitation at all. His wonderful teacher, Beverly Menges.
LAST DAY OF MRS. BEVERLY'S PRESCHOOL - March 2, 2011
Eli (from back), James, Colton and Kaitlin
James said the mommy snake was eating the baby or the other way around. Either way, it didn't sound good. Sometimes he worries me.
Mrs. Beverly, Colton, Karly, Kaitlin, Eli and James (head) in the playroom
James & Colton - his friend when he wants to dance and laugh. The many expressions of James are shown as he plays cars with one of his best buddies.
Cally, Colton, Ian and James
James was telling me about the planets since they had been learning about the solar system all month. He's really enjoyed it and sounds like he knows more than I ever remembered about the planets. He especially likes to talk about Saturn, Mercury and Venus (he's says they get cooked by the sun), and Jupiter with it's big eye storm.
James, Mrs. Beverly (in the back), Cally and Colton - the table where James and his friends did their work to bring home and show us each school day.
Jade loved being at school too. She would have stayed all day if I let her. I don't ever remember her seeing a crown before, but as soon as she saw that one she knew where it belonged. I had just asked her "Where's the baby?"
All the kids were so happy they got to play outside since we have warm weather again.
Jackson, Karly, James, Ian and Colton
James loves Mrs. Beverly's dog Berkley. She's told me they've always gotten along well.
Last (but definitely not least) is Axle and James. Axle is James' friend "when everything is new and strange." Although Axle is in kindergarten now, James is thrilled to see Axle get off the bus at Mrs. Beverly's at the end of school (she's Axle's grandma). Our little boy has sure grown up a lot in a year and a half.
For some reason, this picture reminds me of a song I learned from my great grandmother as she'd swing us on her front porch. It goes something like this:
Oh, the sports of childhood,
Roaming through the wildwood,
Running through the meadow,
Happy and gay.
Childhood pastimes fleeting,
For the old time greeting,
Swinging beneath the old apple tree.
I think some of my cousins would remember the words better, but the important part is the feeling. I'm quite sentimental, but I do hope James will always cherish the memories of his feelings there. He starts at a new Mother's Day Out preschool soon so he'll have more friends to make and new adventures to pursue. Lots to look forward to!
No comments:
Post a Comment