Sunday, March 27, 2011

Quick Houston Trip

We left Sunday evening from Longview and got back Tuesday evening, but it was definitely a worthwhile trip. James was thrilled we got to stay at the "sun" hotel. It's interesting, but he just loves hotels. Probably just because of the elevators. He even found a new best friend within 5 minutes of eating their continental breakfast Monday morning. I think Jade enjoyed the hotel too, but maybe we can plan ahead a little better next time for Jade to have a crib so Mommy and Daddy aren't trying to keep her pinned between us all night.





After breakfast, Daddy dropped us off with our friend, Marissa and her kids while he went out to bring home the bacon. We had a great time and I haven't seen Marissa in almost three years so it was awesome to visit with her. Aaron was working so maybe we'll catch him next month when we get to go camping together. Anyway, the kids had a great day playing together. Our daughters, Jade and Aubrey, were born only a couple days apart and this was the first time they'd met. I just forgot to break out the camera until after Aubrey was down for a nap. Gotta get that shot next time.


Seth hanging - crazy he is 7! I just ran across his baby pictures the other day and can't believe how fast time has flown by.




Joshua and James in sync



Marissa and her boys have been discovering a whole ladybug colony in their backyard over the past couple weeks and we got to see some of them too.






Marissa researched some of the phases of the ladybug and I guess this is one of the beginnings....




...then they sort of cocoon themselves like a butterfly would, then.....




Walla! They have metamorphosed into a ladybug. She said they don't have their spots at first and their wings are wet, but soon they reach full maturity like this one. It was pretty neat to find them all over.




James always enjoys flying his airplane around, which has many missing parts from multiple "crashes."




After a great day at the Palmer household, TJ picked us up and we headed to West Columbia to have a nice dinner and visit with Granny Chris and Papa Boone. Always a yummy home-cooked meal from Mom to enjoy, and the big plus for TJ on this trip is bringing back a boat we're buying from his step-dad, Mike. Pics to come later of enjoyment on his new used toy.

This suitcase was mine when I was little and Jade found it in her closet this week. So, I thought it would be fun to pack for a trip to Grandma's house.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So funny I had that suitcase as a kid too! It was so fun having you guys visit. The pictures are great, I might just have to borrow them!

Angus Clan said...

You're welcome to the pics Marissa! Looking forward to seeing you again in a couple weeks. We had a great time and you were great to have us over for the day.